Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Magic Lamp

Here a few quotes that regain my faith in humanity:

First is nabbed from some info that came in under my "monk" call for the blog (I love it!):

All right, my Monk has been *incredibly* lucky. He found a wand of > wishing on dlvl 2 and an (uncursed) magic lamp and coaligned altar in > the Gnomish mines. He's currently standing in the coaligned temple in > Minetown > at Exp 5, figuring out what to wish for. But he's a *monk* and doesn't > want to wish for body armor.and his OTHER wish ideas (already has 2 > blessed charging scrolls) are: You want MR and reflection as soon as possible, and it's very hard to get both for a monk (especially if you want to keep the robe and not wear a shield--monks make good casters).
> 1. An artifact. Monks have poor AC, and the quest boss is tough, hence > he wants an early advantage. > Staff of Aesculpacus: My characters often end up with underpowered > weapons, and the Drain Life ability would sure help with Master Kaen. However, > I might be able Not a total waste because of the regen, but weapons usually aren't worthwile. I wouldn't, but I could see a case for it.
> Orb of Fate: 1/2 physical damage and magic resistance, would help me > be less wimpy. But it's FRIGGIN HEAVY.



Second, one from my new LOVERS daytimer, you know, G., Hot G., G. Love (but not THE G. Love, although he rocks too!). But don't you hate wind? So annoying. Ok, time to start the Stoopid ripped stuff and get back to building the lamp, or get started, got this really... ok, wacky change of pace, rolling on the Sublime, suppose it's getting late, eh? Lamp in box on floor.

Where were we? oh, yeah, the lamp, it is magical (as is everything now, and scary too. that cryptic time when Everything is open. Please encourage this state in me if you know me, better for everyone, except everyone ends up insane, but I'll help.) ...damn another ramble? Okay so the lamp. it is 7' tall and has 3 jutting appendiges that consumate in brownish glowing bulb hoods, ahhh... I say eat me. The thing is friggin' awesome and funny at the same time, love that action.

Cranberry tossing going quite well, all under control and still fun. Lamp in box on floor, awaiting G.s call. How many Gs do you think I could take before passing out? I once wanted to be an astronaut, they can take about 8Gs I believe, air force 6 Gs no? before dying or passing out and crashing, pilot stuff. Anyone know? Roller coasters 3-4 Gs???? Am'n I even close, man?

You know what sucks in a way? I am so not a poser, posing. I am way up in the regae and not smoking, that sucks. I may smoke an ugly legal fag every now and then but it's not fair. I wished that I liked the buzz but it's not for me now. Oh well, the heart is true. Maybe someday when I move to S. Somewhere after the Littles are grown.

Damn, this is a long one (I said long one!). Must get somewhere near the lamp at least open the box and see what might make it shine, eh?

And G. might call. Life is good!

Oh, the second quote from my sweety is from B. Franklin:

"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff that life is made of."

Let's just let that be, let it be, for now. All good. I don't tend to reread what I wrote so you may have to deal with whatever irritates you, but then again, that would be me just being me, so read at your desire.

Twisting Mox, full of, maybe actually, it.
too fun ;)

No comments: