Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Timmy!

Gotta love Southpark. Okay, anyone seen Pan's Labyrinth? I'm a tad nervous about it but really have no choice because it has the word "labyrinth" in it and that has recently occurred synchronously for me in several places, so a must go.

Do monks live a solitary life? Please forgive my ignorance but did/do Mother Theresa or the Pope have a mate? Gandhi? Jesus? Does it vary by religion? Seems it might be too lonely an existence, no?

One scholar recently told me that according to his Monk Manual, online dating was acceptable for monks. I had the opposite position, but yielded the fact that my manual was extremely recent. The verdict is out I believe.

People are delightful. I had dinner tonight with 3 wine-drinking strangers and a couple of coworkers; a warm, nearly sublime sunset dinner at TPC as the storm rolled through behind me, flashing through the giant glass windows and taking out the sunset, much to the enjoyment of our Kansas guests (Kansas guests Toto!)

Tomorrow, a celebration of Chinese New Year, the year of the golden boar, quite special.

Happy New Year All!

Mox

No comments: